St. Jacobs Walking Tour
St. Jacobs might look like a town frozen in time, but its history tells another tale. This small village blends the modern and traditional but always stays connected to its roots.
This town has made a big name for itself, and the story is best told through intriguing local tales: the milling company that pioneered new technology in 1875; the early schoolteacher from Sierra Leone, the woman whose love for books built the library; the horse that delivered the mail for decades and a hardware store that became a nation-wide company.
Our 75-minute guided walking tour is led by locals who know the town best. You will leave feeling happier, healthier and smarter! Or maybe you won’t want to leave!
Take a Stroll Through Historic St. Jacobs
St Jacob’s Walking Tour Details
Location: Parkette between The Mennonite Story & Scotia Bank
Duration: 75 minutes
Distance Covered: 1.1 km
Availability: By PRIVATE GROUP during Winter 2022 – Public registration dates return in Spring 2022!
Accessibility: Route follows paved surfaces on main and neighbourhood streets. Accessible for scooters & wheelchairs.
Good to know:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance for either a Thursday or Sunday tour
- Maximum 20 people per walk so that we can maintain physical distance
- Arrive 10 – 15 minutes in advance to check in. If you arrive when the walk starts, you’re already late!
- Bring a mask or face covering – with very narrow sidewalks and lots of visitors in town, it’s not always possible to keep a 2 m distance
- We walk rain or shine or snow!
The walk begins and ends at the parkette beside The Mennonite Story & the Scotia Bank, 1406 King Street, St. Jacobs
A wonderful experience. A great way to connect with friends while learning fascinating history. Just the right amount of walking. The guide was knowledgeable, friendly, and very open to conversation/digression, but still kept on track. We would definitely do this again.
Want to customize your Stroll with us?
We’d be happy to work with you to create the best experience possible.