St. Jacobs Walking Tour
Availability: Returns Sunday May 22, 2022
Every Sunday @ 11:30 am
Every Thursday @ 2:30 pm
Or private group request
Price: $25/person (+booking fee $1.50)
Duration: 75 minutes
Meeting Location: Parkette between The Mennonite Story & Scotia Bank
Distance Covered: 1.1 km (The walk ends where we begin)
Led by: Juanita Metzger
Accessibility: Route follows paved surfaces on main and neighbourhood streets. Accessible for scooters & wheelchairs.
Stroll Through Historic St. Jacobs
St. Jacobs might look like a town frozen in time, but its history tells another tale. This small village blends the modern and traditional but always stays connected to its roots.
This town has made a big name for itself, and the story is best told through intriguing local tales: the milling company that pioneered new technology in 1875; the early schoolteacher from Sierra Leone, the woman whose love for books built the library; the horse that delivered the mail for decades and a hardware store that became a nation-wide company.
Our 75-minute guided walking tour is led by locals who know the town best. You will leave feeling happier, healthier and smarter! Or maybe you won’t want to leave!
St Jacob’s Walking Tour Details
- Tickets must be purchased in advance
- Maximum 20 people per walk
- The walk begins and ends at the parkette beside The Mennonite Story & the Scotia Bank, 1406 King Street, St. Jacobs
- We walk rain or shine or snow so dress for the weather! If it looks like rain, bring an umbrella. If it’s cold, wear a few extra layers.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes (i.e. no flip flops!)
- Arrive 5 minutes in advance to check in. If you arrive exactly when the walk starts, you’re already late!
- Our walking tours are face mask friendly – even though our walking tours are entirely outdoors, some guests may feel most comfortable wearing a mask – and we respect that!