Terms and Conditions
Here’s the liability, release and waiver, in human language
If you participate in a Stroll walking tour, you are agreeing to the following:
- I am taking this tour voluntarily and am in good health.
- I understand there are risks to walking in public.
- I accept personal responsibility for anything that happens to me, like if I get hurt or lose something.
- I release Stroll and anyone working for it, including contractors, from any claims or liability for damages.
- If something bad happens to me during the tour, it’s not Stroll’s fault.
- If part of this waiver is deemed to be invalid or unenforceable, it doesn’t mean the whole thing is.
- If I agreed to it, Stroll can take photos and video during the walking tour and can use my image, likeness, recordings of me in any format to promote their tours or any other way they like without having to pay me anything for it, ever.
- If I get hurt or need medical attention, Stroll can arrange it, but it’s not their duty to do so.
Here’s the liability, release and waiver in legalese. You should read it.
Voluntary Participation. I understand and confirm that my participation in a Stroll walking tour is voluntary. I am in good health and suffer from no physical or mental condition that would make me susceptible to injury or disability while participating in the tour.
Understanding Risks. I am aware of the risks, dangers and hazards involved in my participation in a Stroll walking tour. I understand that the Stroll walking tours take place in public venues under conditions largely beyond the control of Stroll walk leaders and the Company. Potential risks may include, but are not limited to, uneven walking surfaces, potholes, raised path edges, wet or slippery ground, steps, curbs, low lighting, narrow walkways, traffic movement, road crossings, diversions due to construction or exposure to weather conditions.
Assuming Risks. I assume all risks involved in participation in a walking tour provided by Stroll. I accept personal responsibility for any liability, injury, loss, or damage in any way connected with my participation in a Stroll walking tour.
Release of Liability. I release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Stroll, its principals, affiliated entities, parent companies, subsidiaries, present and former employees, owners, officers, members, managers, partners, contractors, insurers, shareholders, and directors (collectively “Released Entities”) from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses for death, injury, loss or damage of property, in any way arising out of my participation in a Stroll walking tour, including, without limitation, any and all claims resulting from the negligence of the Released Entities.
Indemnity Agreement. I indemnify and hold harmless the Released Entities from any loss, liability, damage or cost that they may incur for losses and damages which may be brought against me or against any of them by anyone claiming to be injured (including death) or whose property is damaged as a result of my actions arising from or during a Stroll walking tour.
If any portion of this Waiver is held to be invalid it is agreed that the balance of the Agreement will remain valid and enforceable.
Promotion Release. I agree to grant to Stroll a royalty-free license to use my photographic, video, or digital likeness, in whole or in part, taken during a tour, solely for promotional, educational, and/or Stroll purposes.
Consent to Medical Treatment. I authorize Stroll to provide me with customary medical assistance, transportation, and emergency medical services as the result of injury or health condition. This consent does not impose a duty upon Stroll to provide such assistance, transportation, or services. I have the right to refuse medical assistance and understand Stroll will provide assistance if I am incapacitated.
You will be asked to sign this agreement before going on a guided walking tour with Stroll.
Still have questions?
Call at 519-242-WALK (9255) or drop us a line below.
We’ll get back to you shortly.