Every business needs a dog policy about if/when and where dogs are permitted in activities.
“Can I bring my dog on a Stroll walking tour?” is a question people ask regularly.
Here’s the Stroll Dog Policy
- Service dogs welcome – always!
- Otherwise, dogs are not permitted on our public registration walking tours. (not all our guides or other participants are cool with dogs, the risk of disruptive interaction between dogs, traffic distractions, close quarters, etc.)
- Stroll permits dogs in private group bookings, provided the guide for your particular walk is OK with dogs & where your family/friends know there will be a dog present!
- We know you LOVE to walk with your pooches so Stroll has some dog friendly walks!!
- If you plan to participate in our dog friendly walks, here’s what you need to know to decide whether this activity is for you & your dog at this time.
Walking Tour Guidelines
- No dog/human introductions before the walk begins so we can keep the energy calm before we start the tour – keep the introductions until the end of the tour (with permission)
- One dog per person/handler – your dog must be under your control at all times
- Short leashes – all dogs must be on a 6 ft lead at all times (no retractable leashes)
- Leave space! Please give all dogs space to ensure that everyone remains safe & happy
- No toys or chews during the walk
- No introductions between dogs without checking with the other owner
Here’s what you need to know about the walking tour environment & activity so you can determine whether this event is for you & your dog at this time:
- we will be walking & talking for at least 90 min
- our walk follows city sidewalks, alley & parking lots in a downtown urban environment
- it can be loud with a lot of traffic (some large trucks)
- the guide will be talking at each of the stops along the way
We want people to have the best experience possible & dogs don’t always equal the best experience for everyone in all environments – we respect that!
**Your dog must be able to maintain calm around humans & other dogs for at least 90 min
**Barking, whining or other behaviours that interrupt the guide or ability of others to listen to the guide are not ideal
Suggestions for the Stroll dog policy?
Do you have suggestions for making our dog friendly walking tours a successful experience for everyone? Add your comments, questions or suggestions below.