Murals & the Outdoor Galleryin Downtown Kitchener
Sunday July 17 @ 3:30 – Plants & Animals
Sunday August 14 @ 3:30 pm – The Originals
Or private group request
Price: $30/person (+ booking fee $1.80)
Duration: 90 minutes
Meeting Location: Parkette at the corner of Charles Street West & Queen Street South (across from the Queen ION station)
Distance Covered: up to 2 km
Led by: Juanita Metzger
Accessibility: Route follows paved surfaces on main city streets and alleyways. Accessible for scooters & wheelchairs.
Street art, often hidden in plain sight, brings joy, surprise and reflection in a brick and concrete streetscape. On this mural walking tour we’ll find the oldest and the newest murals, the smallest and the biggest, along with the most subdued and ‘brighten-your-day-colourful’ murals in the downtown Kitchener core.
With over 40+ works of art in the outdoor gallery of Downtwon Kitchener, I guarantee that I surprise you with something you’ve never seen before.
We’ll visit murals created by local and international artists and you will quickly find your favourites!
Mural Walking Tour Details
- Tickets must be purchased in advance
- Maximum 20 people per walk
- You can expect to see 10-15 murals on each walkin tour – or more!
- We walk rain or shine or snow so dress for the weather! If it looks like rain, bring an umbrella. If it’s cold, wear a few extra layers.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes (i.e. no flip flops!)
- Arrive 5 minutes in advance to check in. If you arrive exactly when the walk starts, you’re already late!
- Our walking tours are face mask friendly – even though our walking tours are entirely outdoors, some guests may feel most comfortable wearing a mask – and we respect that!
Learned about all the beautiful murals I see on a daily basis, and discovered some new ones! Juanita was super knowledgeable and accommodating to our schedule. We had a lovely time and would recommend!
We did the Art Mural walk with our grandkids. It was an excellent tour and our guide was very engaging with the kids! The kids enjoyed the tour as well!
Want to customize your Stroll with us?
We’d be happy to work with you to create the best experience possible.